[omniORB] omniORB 3.0.x

W. Eliot Kimber eliot@isogen.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:59:49 -0600

Daniel Popowich wrote:

> Duncan Grisby writes:
> > On Wednesday 10 January, Ben Miller wrote:
> >
> > > In that case, can I use omniORB3 with RMI over IIOP?  I've seen some
> > > discussion on this list previously that suggested that this could be
> > > done (http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2001-01/ - Re:
> > > [omniORB] RMI over IIOP).  However, the RMI-IIOP discussion on Sun's
> > > web-site
> >
> > I'm pretty certain that omniORB cannot be used with RMI-IIOP at the
> > moment, no matter what types you use in your Java interfaces. If
> > anyone knows otherwise, please let us know.

Just an info question: How is RMI-IIOP different from simply using CORBA
object through java? I have the latter working with no difficulty (just
ran idltojava on my IDL and imported the resulting client stub classes)
against an OmniORB server, so I assume that RMI-IIOP is different from
just using the built-in java ORB.

Thanks,

E.

W. Eliot Kimber | Lead Brain

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX  78752
    T 512.656.4139 |  F 512.419.1860 | eliot@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m