[omniORB] Synopsis 0.2 Released

Gnana gnana@mips.biochem.mpg.de
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:16:55 +0100

Hi Chalky,

Quoting Stephen Davies <chalky@null.net>:

> However, if you want this done then I can have a look into it. Dia's file
> format is XML which is easy to generate. The only problem would be
> positioning the diagram elements. An easy solution would be to leave this
> to the user to open up Dia and rearrange anything, or it's possible that
> interfaces and operations as needed.
As a feature add, you could implement the 'easy' solution and later on
as time permits, you can do the positioning of the Dia objects and also
generate code for interface and operation from the Dia diagram.  I saw
a tool that can take a Dia XML file and output code, but I guess that
tool was generating C++ code from the Dia UML diagram (data in XML).

I don't know how many people out there need this feature.
Definetely, I think this feature is a very good one to spend time on.
I understand a lot of thinking has to go in especially in the positioning
of the objects in Dia.

Your tool came just in time when I was searching for a tool that can
document our huge CORBA IDL files.

Thanks.

-gnana