[omniORB] Error compiling with Omniidl

Rocky rocky1_2@rediffmail.com
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 23:24:50 +0530

hi, think u missed a point in the readme.first file
might be useful..

i am using the same system as u are and the following has worked for me:

omniidl requires Python 1.5.2. You can download the full Python
distribution from

     http://www.python.org/download/download_windows.html

    or

     ftp://ftp.uk.research.att.com/pub/omniORB/python/py152.exe

Alternatively, for Windows on x86, you can install a minimal
version of Python which contains just the functionality required
by omniidl. The Win32 binary distribution of omniORB comes with this
minimal python package. Download it from

ftp://ftp.uk.research.att.com/pub/omniORB/python/omnipython-x86_win32.zip

Unpack the zip file at the top of the omniORB tree. It places
files in the bin, lib and include directories.