[omniORB] How does omniNames find omniORB.cfg

Malcom X. tran15@rohan.sdsu.edu
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:27:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi, does anyone now how to setup the environment so that omniNames will
read the omniORB.cfg when it starts.

I'm running Win2000 and I tried the following:
- set the PATH to the dir containing omniORB.cfg which is in c:\omni\etc
- omniORB.cfg contains -ORBInitialHost localhost
                       -ORBInitialPort 2809
- successfully started omniNames
- tried to start eg3_impl from the command line
	c:\...\echo\eg3_impl
  but get an exception of SystemException

  When I started omniNames, then started eg3_impl with arguments:
	c:\...\echo\eg3_impl -ORBInitialHost localhost -ORBInitialPort
2809 everything worked fine.  This showed that omniNames does not read
omniORB.cfg.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks