[omniORB] C Sharp

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:06:35 -0500

In Message <3A9D1DC4.44553CDF@cctus.com> ,
   Joel Schuster <jmschust@cctus.com> wrote:

=>Gary,
=>
=>I refer you to this article:
=>
=>OMG plans C#-CORBA binding
=>
=>http://www2.itworld.com/cma/ett_article_frame/0,2848,1_2245,00.html

   Interesting. There doesn't seem to be any mention of in in any
of the OMG newsletters since, and as I said, no mention on the web
site.

=>Also, considering that C# is more like C+-+- in syntax I would think the
=>binding would be easier than Java. C# only resembles Java in
=>the virtual machine and garbage collection realm, and that's pretty
=>much where it stops ( luckily for C#).

   Well, while I haven't looked at C# in detail myself, my comment
was based on a comment by a Microsoft Research presenter pointing
out that his sample C# code bore a significant resemblance to Java,
and it certainly looked that way to me. That may simply have been
targeted at the Java fans in the audience, of course.

					Gary Duzan
					Verizon Laboratories