[omniORB] C Sharp

Joel Schuster jmschust@cctus.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:48:20 -0700

--------------0CBCBB76E4BCC76944F9E551

Gary,

I refer you to this article:

OMG plans C#-CORBA binding

http://www2.itworld.com/cma/ett_article_frame/0,2848,1_2245,00.html

Also, considering that C# is more like C+-+- in syntax I would think the
binding would be easier than Java. C# only resembles Java in
the virtual machine and garbage collection realm, and that's pretty
much where it stops ( luckily for C#).

Joel

"Gary D. Duzan" wrote:

> In Message <3A9D1225.83878914@cctus.com> ,
>    Joel Schuster <jmschust@cctus.com> wrote:
>
> =>Are there any plans to provide C# bindings in OmniOrb
> =>once the OMG comes up with them?
>
>    The omniORB core folks aren't around to respond, but I'd rather
> doubt it. For one thing, I don't see any indication on the OMG web
> site that they are considering an official mapping. For another,
> given C#'s closer resemblance to Java than to C, I'd expect a
> Java ORB and mapping to be ported before a C one. As I haven't
> seen any interest from the omniORB group in Java, I doubt that C#
> is a priority, especially given that it is a language that is only
> available on a single platform and in beta.
>
>                                         Gary Duzan
>                                         Verizon Laboratories
--------------0CBCBB76E4BCC76944F9E551

begin:vcard
n:Schuster;Joel
tel;fax:(719) 548-5092
tel;home:(719) 570-1759
tel;work:(719) 266-5300 X118
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Computer and Communication Technologies
version:2.1
email;internet:jschuster@cctus.com
adr;quoted-printable:;;5450 Tech Center Drive=0D=0ASuite 410	;Colorado Springs;CO;80919-2339;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:jmschust.cctus.com;30368
fn:Joel Schuster
end:vcard

--------------0CBCBB76E4BCC76944F9E551--