[omniORB] NameService compatibility

Bert Thomas bert@brothom.nl
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:13:22 +0100

Hi all,

Is it possible to use the nameservice of omniORB3 with omniORB2.8.0
clients? I tried this, but the client complains about "ORB
initialisation problem". "Invalid object reference supplied for
NAMESERVICE". I copied & pasted the IOR from the output of the
nameservice into the registry. Whatever I try, it keeps saying this. I
also tried the corbaloc syntax, that didn't help either.

The reason I want to do this is because I work in an environment where
both C++ and CorbaScript clients & servers are used. CorbaScript doesn't
support omniORB3 (yet), so I have to use omniORB2 for that. But the C++
programs use the POA and therefore I want use omniORB3.

TIA

Bert Thomas
BroThom I.A.T.