[omniORB] list_initial_services

Rajshekhar Kishtaiah Chintapalli rajshekhar.chintapalli@wipro.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:03:31 +0530

Hi  ,

When i do a
    CORBA::ORB::ObjectIdList_var ListSupported =
MyOrb->list_initial_services();
cout  << "Number of Items are\t" << ListSupported->length() << endl;

   I get the  length as two .When i display the values , they are
RootPOA and POACurrent.

Similarly when i so something like this
CORBA::Object_var initvar;
    initvar = Orb->resolve_initial_references("NameService");
CosNaming::NamingContext_var testcontext;
     rootcontext = CosNaming::NamingContext::_narrow(initvar);

I do get a reference to the rootcontex of Naming Service .
    According to my understanding the list_initail_services() should
also give "NameService" as one of the ObjectIDS.

I would like to know more on this.
And by the way does OmniORB support Trading Service.
I am using OmniORB303 on WinNT4.0 and VC++5.0.

Regards
Raj

Rajshekhar C.
Senior Software Engineer.