[omniORB] Server Performance

W. Eliot Kimber eliot@isogen.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:41:38 -0600

We are building a multi-user system using OmniPy 1.3/OmniORB 3.x as the
server ORB. We are having some performance issues that are almost
certainly problems in our code, but I wanted to make sure we hadn't
overlooked some obvious configuration option with OmniORB (for example,
we only get 50% processor utilization regardless of the number of active
client connections we make, which seems odd). I've gone through all the
3.0 docs looking for any performance tuning hints, and didn't find any,
which suggests that there aren't any.

But I just wanted to check--is there anything we can or should do with
the OmniORB setup to ensure fastest performance of the server or of our
Python servant objects? We are testing on both Win2K and Debian Linux.
We are currently forced to use Python 1.5.2.

Also, we obviously need to instrument our servants. Does anyone have any
tips for doing Python profiling in a multi-threaded environment?

Thanks,

Eliot

W. Eliot Kimber | Lead Brain

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX  78752
    T 512.656.4139 |  F 512.419.1860 | eliot@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m