[omniORB] Segmentation Fault on AIX

Christof Meerwald cmeerw@web.de
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:51:36 +0100

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:43:00 +0100, Andreas Eglseer - Entwicklung wrote:
>I have a problem running one of our programs on an AIX 4.3.3 ( xlC 5.0 ),
>which runs well under Linux.
[...]
>It is a recursive call of a function ( max: 10000 ), normally this is no
>problem, it is also no problem whitin the prog.,
>as long as the ORB is not initialised, but when I call it over a corba
>function, it crashes after 1200 and a few calls.

The most likely reason is that you are hitting the stack size limit.
Usually, multi-threaded programs have a very limited stack-size per thread -
something between a few kB up to 1 or 2 MB (I think Linux defaults to a 2 MB
stack per thread).

You can try to increase the per-thread stack size by calling
omni_thread:stacksize(...).

bye, Christof

--
http://cmeerw.cjb.net                        http://cmeerw.cjb.net/wap/