[omniORB] unable to initialize POAs

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 06:20:40 -0500

In Message <002301c09ee6$e0481160$1402a8c0@chris> ,
   "Chris Bordeman" <chris@autoboatrv.net> wrote:

=>Hi.
=>
=>I am just installing omniORB on Linux Mandrake 7.2 with gcc 2.5, glibc =
=>2.1.  I extracted the sources into a subdir of the root and after =
=>compiling, which went well, I set the variables the README.unix =
=>indicated.  I had a full install of Python (new enough as well) already.
=>
=>The problem is when I go to start the omniNames service like the =
=>README.unix says with the -start option to initialise the config file, I =
=>can't seem to get past this error:
=>
=>"cannot initialise POAs.  Is omniNames already running?"
=>
=>Also, when I run the demos, I get something like "caught CORBA:System =
=>exception."  Not terribly informative!
=>
=>Does anybody have any idea what is going on here?

   It most likely is the port you are using. If it is under 1024,
you have to run as root. Otherwise, there may already be something
using the port. Try "lsof -i :port" on the port you are giving the
-start option to see if it is in use.

					Gary Duzan
					Verizon Laboratories