[omniORB] Patches for AIX XLC 5.0

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:41:52 -0500

In Message <200102201654.QAA24278@pineapple.uk.research.att.com> ,
   Duncan Grisby <dgrisby@uk.research.att.com> wrote:

=>On Tuesday 20 February, "Gary D. Duzan" wrote:
=>
=>> =>Is there somewere an updated patch ?
=>>
=>>    Nowhere official that I know of, but I'll attach the changes I
=>> made when building it here recently. Most of the changes should
=>[...]
=>
=>Please can you try the current CVS version?  We're on the verge of
=>doing an omniORB 3.0.3 release, and it would be nice to have AIX
=>working. I think I've done all the right things...

   Sorry if I wasn't clear, but the patches I posted were against
the current omni3_develop CVS branch. xlC5 interprets the C++
standards differently as far as whether defining a friend function
in the body of a class definition injects the function's name into
the enclosing scope. The draft standard I was reading wasn't clear
on the subject, so I expect it is safer to declare an inline friend
in the body and define it outside the class, which is what the
patch does. It should be tested with other compilers before making
it the default, of course.

					Gary Duzan
					Verizon Laboratories