[omniORB] NameServer capacity

Jonathan Buchanan buchanan@olsen.ch
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:46:39 +0100

Hi Pletyak,

We ran into problems with the "capacity" of the naming service with just
a few hundred objects and came to the conclusion that higher-level
registration with less objects was a better idea, as others have been
suggesting.  Basically, the checkpointing was crippling its use, taking
up to about 5 mins.  So we disabled checkpointing to a large extent by
setting the environment variable OMNINAMES_ITBC to 86400 (1 day).  An
option to turn it off completely would be quite helpful... without us
having to go to the trouble of writing our own replacement naming
service.

Regards,
Jon