[omniORB] Callback problem

Pletyak Attila attila.pletyak@anemosky.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 17:21:37 +0100

> I strongly recommend that you study the omniORB example programs, and
> get hold of a good book on the CORBA C++ mapping. "Advanced CORBA
> Programming with C++" by Henning and Vinoski is the best bet. Don't be
> put off by the "Advanced" in the title -- it starts out with the
> basics.

Duncan, I've already wanted to ask you what do you propose if someone
wants to get to the highest levels of CORBA. With omniORB 2.8 I am quite
familiar as if I did not understand something I looked into it's headers
(/usr/include/omniORB2) or generated headers (I mean stubs and
skeletons) and I got answers to my problems. I am just planning to go
through the CORBA 2.3.1 Spec and the IDL to C++ Mapping Spec, as I see
in all of your documentations of omniORB that you are constantly
referring them.  Maybe the order of my business is not right, but as a
Hungarian proverb says: Better Late Than Never. I've already succeeded
to write a quite big and sophisticated system with CORBA, so I am not so
afraid, but anyway. I can always find some good things to learn.

TIA,

Attila Pletyak
Anemo Ltd.