[omniORB] oneway

Ilinykh, Andre AIlinykh@SECTORBASE.COM
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:46:27 -0800

I'd like to ask for advise. We implement system looks like Notification
Service. We forward incoming stream to subscribers. Incoming data flow is
pretty big (1000-1,500 messages/sec). When we make CORBA call for each
message we utilize all processor resource. If we create a batch of messages
we get some small delay. For our busyness we need "real-time" data as
possible. Of course UNIX isn't real time system and TCP has delays too, but
we have to minimize latency as much as we can. I think about "oneway"
modificator for that critical method. Anybody has experience with "oneway".
Is it useful in that situation? I read a lot of negative feed back about
"oneway". Any suggestions?
Thank you,
  Andrey