[omniORB] FreeBSD Problems

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:05:57 -0500

In Message <01ff01c095e5$2a2b3ce0$2c01010a@psitrust.com> ,
   "Sandro Tolaini" <tolaini@libero.it> wrote:

=>> I am having a hard time to get things running on my BSD Box
=>
=>> Every Client Programm dumps core just before exiting. If ii remove the
=>
=>It seems that upgrading to the latest -STABLE release will solve the
=>problem. I CVSup'ed the FreeBSD sources, make world and make kernel, and
=>then the core dump went away, even without rebuilding the omniORB. Maybe a
=>bug in the libc...

   I am told by someone who should know that there is a well-known
problem with threads in C++ on FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE. The only solution
is to upgrade to the latest STABLE. The problem was with libstdc++,
which was statically linking in libc, when it should have gotten
libc_r in the threaded case.  STABLE now uses weak symbols to deal
with the problem.

					Gary Duzan
					Verizon Laboratories