[omniORB] OmniORB in a COM object

David Hyde davidh@cavendish.co.uk
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:36:05 -0000

Hi,

I'm using OmniORB in a COM object.  This object is going to be used in an
Internet Server application so the dll that contains the control will be
started once, then multiple instances of the control will be created by IIS.
I have made the ORB and the root POA global objects in the application
object that all instances of the control can access.  The first instance of
the control calls ORB_init() when it processes a command (not in its
constructor).  What I can't have is the control calling orb->destroy() as
this would prevent any subsequent instances of the control (in the same dll
instance) working.  So I have tried putting destroy into the dll's
ExitInstance() and the main dll application object's destructor, but the
application hangs in the call to destroy().

Can anyone tell me how I should handle this?  The OmniORB documentation says
that I must call destroy especially when I am using it in a COM object.

Thanks

David Hyde