[omniORB] Debug compiling of omni-apps?

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:49:29 +0000

On Monday 12 February, "Georg Lohrer" wrote:

> I am not very familiar with the make utility and the omniORB
> GNUmakefiles in concrete. So, for compiling a debuggable version
> of my apps or the example apps I used:
>
>    make export CXXDEBUGFLAGS='-g'
>
> for my compilation under Linux, gcc 2.95.2 and make 3.79.1.
>
> I that a common way or is there an easy to use embedded solution
> for compiling the debug version

Yes, that's reasonable, if what you want is a debug version of omniORB
itself. If all you want to do is debug your own applications, you only
need to compile your own source with -g. You can continue to use the
non-debug versions of the omniORB libraries. This is different from
Windows, where everything has to be debug if you are to debug
anything.