[omniORB] New Transport for OmniORB3

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:19:48 +0000

On Sunday 4 February, Robert Harris wrote:

> Is there any time frame for introducing this capability into the
> orb?  Or, Is there anyway to get the shared memory transport
> implementation which was done for the testing?

The shared memory transport mentioned in the technical report has long
since died of bit-rot, so it wouldn't do you any good to have it. Too
many things have changed for it to work any more. I believe it was
never stable enough for real use, either.

omniORB 4 will have a totally re-written transport system. We're not
certain yet whether we will actually do a shared memory transport, but
either way it will be much easier to do one within the new framework.
Unless you're really desperate for shared memory right now, I'd advise
you to wait for a while.