[omniORB] Mysterious omniORBpy error

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:14:52 +0000

On Monday 5 February, Timothy Docker wrote:

> When my application exits (wxPython2.2.2 + oniORBpy 3.0.2) I get the
> following error :-
>
> Exception exceptions.TypeError: 'call of non-function (type None)'
> in <method POAManager.__del__ of POAManager instance at 4a692c>
> ignored

That is mysterious. Does it happen every time, or just occasionally?
The problem is due to the way Python cleans up its modules when it
exits, but omniORBpy is meant to check that everything is OK, to avoid
the error you are seeing. The only way I can think the problem could
occur is if another thread cleans up the module while
POAManager.__del__ is running. If it happens every time you run, then
something very strange must be happening.

It's easiest to just ignore it for now -- it doesn't do any harm. I'll
put it a proper fix at some point.