[omniORB] any customer references ?

randy.shoup@tumbleweed.com randy.shoup@tumbleweed.com
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 10:13:15 -0800

henning.schmidt@philips.com wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am investigating the use of an ORB for our next steps in SW-application development. There are a number of requirements where the use of an ORB would really make sense. I consider the features and performance I get from omniORB quite good and would
> really like to use it here.
>
> I have been listening to this mailing-list for some time. It seems to be quite active.
> So I feel confident with the level of support that I seem to get here.
>
> Anyway. Do you know of any (at least halfway successful) industrial projects where omniORB is used?
> This kind of reference would really help me in convincing my manager about using omniORB ... (" ... how can this be good stuff when it comes for free ... ?")
>
> Thanks for any reference, hint, URL, whatever.
> ;Henning

Henning --

We have been using omniORB for about 3 years in our commercial internet
document delivery server, called IME:
http://www.tumbleweed.com/en/solutions/products/ime_products/ .  We have
been very satisfied with omniORB's performance, reliability, robustness,
etc.  -- really first-rate.  The ORB has had *very* few bugs over its
lifetime, and resolutions to problems are always quick.  CORBA
compliance is good, so interoperating with other ORBs is
straightforward.  The availability of source code is one of its great
strengths:  if we run into a problem, we can debug it in the ORB itself,
or quickly rule out that the problem is the ORB.  It is definitely worth
taking a look at it.

Cheers,
-- Randy
Randy Shoup                                     (650)216-2038
Senior Architect                                rshoup@tumbleweed.com
Tumbleweed Communications Corporation