[omniORB] omniidl with omniORB3/python2 undefined symbol error found

Fritz Stauffer fstauffe@cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 09:37:41 -0700

At 11:27 AM 2/7/01 +0000, Duncan Grisby wrote:
>On Wednesday 7 February, Fritz Stauffer wrote:
> >  > When I run omniidl, it dies on an error in the _omniidlmodule.so
> >  > shared library.  The shared library has the undefined symbol:
> >  > PyObject_Size.  Is there a workaround for this or is it operator
> >  > error?
> >
> > Okay, I forgot to mention that I downloaded and installed
> > omniORBpy_1_2_i586_linux_2.0_glibc2.1_python2.0
>
>Do you actually have Python 2.0 installed?  Is it the interpreter you
>get if you just type "python" at the command line?  If not, you need
>to make sure that Python 2.0 is the first thing called "python" found
>on your PATH.

Duncan,

Thanks for the tip.  Yes, I have python 2.0.  The omniidl script is
looking for omnipython in the bin directory and was using that.
I deleted omnipython, and omniidl now uses the correct python.

Thanks,
   Fritz