[omniORB] C API differences omniORB and Python 2.0

Wed, 07 Feb 2001 11:26:15 +0000

On Wednesday 7 February, "Georg Lohrer" wrote:

>    Python 2.0 (#1, Feb  6 2001, 08:44:01)
>    [GCC 2.95.2 19991024 (release)] on linux2=20
>
> and compiled omniORB 3.0.2. That all runs fine, but
> if I want to start the IDL compiler I get the following
> warning:
>
>   WARNING: Python C API version mismatch for module =5Fomniidl:
>   This Python has API version 1009, module =5Fomniidl has version 1007.

That shows that omniidl was compiled against an earlier version of
Python. Make sure that the PYTHON variable in i586_linux_2.0_glibc2.1
is set to the same python interpreter as the new 2.0 interpreter you
have installed.

> Now I'm looking forward for a voice saying me that I can
> ignore the warning. But unfortunately there will probably no
> such voice available. Or want do you mean

Bad things will almost certainly happen if you ignore the warning.