[omniORB] omniNames and POA

Tue, 06 Feb 2001 11:13:11 +0000

On Monday 5 February, jon@totient.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Another question : what would be the long way to
> create the special object key "NameService" without
> using the omniINSPOA.

There is no other way. The CORBA standard doesn't provide a way for
applications to set the complete object key. All ORBs which support
INS have had to come up with a proprietary way to create simple object
keys. I believe most use a magical POA like omniORB, but with
different names.

> Another question -> does the RootPOA have an AdapterActivator?

No. You have to create your own POAs to do things like that.