[omniORB] string_to_ObjectId in linux python 1.2 and omniORB 3

Tue, 06 Feb 2001 11:10:08 +0000

On Tuesday 6 February, Fritz Stauffer wrote:

> I see that the POA has string_to_ObjectId for C++, but it
> does not exist in the python version.  Are string_to_ObjectId()
> and ObjectId_to_string() helper functions suppose to be
> in python's PortableServer?  Is there an easy way to get these?

ObjectId is a sequence<octet>. The C++ mapping (not the CORBA core)
specifies the string_to_ObjectId() and ObjectId_to_string() functions
to help with the common case that the sequence is actually a string.

In Python, the mapping of sequence<octet> is already string, so there
is no need for conversion functions. Just use strings wherever the IDL
says ObjectId, and it will work fine.