[omniORB] New Transport for OmniORB3

Robert Harris rlharris@mediaone.net
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 22:36:33 -0500

I've been working with omniORB for several months now and so far it has gone
swimingly.  The mailing list has been a savior on serveral occastions as
well.  Thank you for all your hard work.

Ive been investigating the feasability of implementing the infrequently
mentioned shared memory transport in omniorb.  I've read
http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/1998-02/0050.html
and the ropeFactory reference and don't immediately see the path to success.

I don't really need any "best alternative selection", I just need to look at
the performance improvement of our application with the shared memory
transport.

Is there any time frame for introducing this capability into the orb?  Or, Is
there anyway to get the shared memory transport implementation which was done
for the testing?

Thanks again