[omniORB] Does omnithread support tss

Stefan Seefeld seefeld@sympatico.ca
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 11:12:59 -0500

"ERIKSSON,TOBIAS (A-Sweden,ex1)" wrote:

> Hi
>  I am trying to put names on my threads, and need access to tss (thread
> specific storage), cause as I understand the tss let me set the name of
> individual threads, e.g. "connection thread" "producer thread" and "ice
> cream thread..."
> As some of you might have seen from the gdb-command there are in the list of
> threads two threads called "initial thread" and "manager thread", the other
> threads contain an hex address. It would be nice in a debugging point of
> view to put a name of the threads, in that way it would be really easy to
> pin point certain threads.
>
> The question is thus, does the omnithread package facilitat the tss or does
> it have any support for such naming as described above or are there other
> ways to go about.

if you use omnithreads on a posix system, you can mix in your own tss support,
omnithreads will not notice that. I use that in the berlin project, where I
have some debugging facilities that print out some 'thread id' which I generate
from my own threading classes. Berlin doesn't use omnithread, but can nicely
coexist with it.

You may have a look into the relevant code at

http://www2.berlin-consortium.org/lxr-mozilla//source/include/Prague/Sys/Thread.hh

Regards,	Stefan