[omniORB] ImportError: libomniORB3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

aboufer@atlsci.com aboufer@atlsci.com
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 10:25:18 -0500

Greetings all,

    I am getting started with omniPy but I am having hard time importing _omnipy.

As the subject of this message states, I am getting an error whenever libomniORB3 is imported. Python
seems not be able to find the correct shared library although (I have checked) they do exist as
logical links to the latest version of the library:

    libomniORB3.so --> libomniORB3.so.0
    libomniORB3.so.0 --> libomniORB.so.0.2

Has anybody experienced the same problem and is there a work around to it ?