[omniORB] OmniORB in COM objects

David Hyde davidh@cavendish.co.uk
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:09:32 -0000

Hi,

I am using OmniORB to create an ATL COM object.  This object will be
available for use in a variety of places - C++, VB, IIS, basically anywhere
that a COM object can be used.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I should handle OmniORB here.  For
instance: I can envisage my control being instantiated and destructed
multiple times per application instance with more than one instance of the
control in memory at a time.  In this case I can't do Orb::destroy() in the
destructor and I am thinking that I am going to have to hold the ORB and
Root POA references at global scope and destory them during the process
shutdown.  I'm sure that I read somewhere that the ORB should not be held at
global scope for some reason.

Any thought would be appreciated.

Regards

David