[omniORB] in()?

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 13:58:13 +0000

On Friday 2 February, I wrote:

> > What does the in() function do?
> > For example...
> > 	orb.in()
> > 	root_poa.in()
> >
> > Is in() a virtual function in a base class?
>
> What in() function?  There isn't a function named "in" anywhere.

Actually, I was wrong. _var types _do_ have a function named in(). It
doesn't do anything -- it's just there for symmetry with out() and
inout(), which help with memory management in argument passing.

In fact, out() and inout() are redundant in omniORB too -- they were
added to the specification because other ORB vendors couldn't figure
out how to implement the right semantics without them.