[omniORB] SGI-IRIX: omniORB using sprocs instead of pthreads

henning.schmidt@philips.com henning.schmidt@philips.com
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:16:42 -0600

Hi,

=3D=3D the short executive summary (all the essentials in no time)
-> I need a version omniORB3 for SGI IRIX that uses *sprocs* instead of=
 *pthreads* for all multithreading issues.
-> does anybody have some code (or just experience/comments) that does =
this?

=3D=3D the complete story (what you really need to know in order to und=
erstand the matter)
I want to use omniORB3 in my SGI project (IRIX 6.5.10, MIPSPro 7.3). It=
 has eerything I need ... except ... :

The fact that multithreaded omniORB uses pthreads is a bit of a problem=
 for me.=20
For different reasons some of my applications need to use SGI's native =
threads (sprocs) instead of pthreads.
And these two threading models are incompatible (can not be used togeth=
er within the same adress space)

So I would really need a version of the omniORB runtime libraries that =
use sprocs instead of pthreads.
I assume it is a matter of having a different/alternative version of <l=
ibomnithread.so> that I just link to my executable.

In the mailing list archives I found some messages that looked as if so=
mebody already did some porting work in that direction.
So my question to you is:
-> do you know of any source where I could get a ported version from?

Any hints/comments/links are greatly appreciated
Thanks for your help
;Henning

--
H. Henning Schmidt     <Henning.Schmidt@Philips.com>
Philips Broadcast / Film Imaging Products