[omniORB] Is resolve_initial_references() implemented right?

Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:40:01 +0000

On Thursday 20 December, Jaap de Wolff wrote:

> I am linking to two instances of the omniORB library.
> (Or in fact I am linking to even five instances of the omniORB library)
> This is by design:
> I want to be able to start one executable, which loads depending on a
> configuration file different DLL's.
> Each of those DLL's will load his own instance of the omniORB library.

Why?  Why not make them share a single version of the omniORB library?
What advantage is there in trying to give each DLL its own version of
omniORB?

> Also I do not think it is specific to windows, I think that when I port this
> program to linux, I still will have the same problem.

I don't think so. If you have two Linux shared libraries, both linked
against the omniORB shared libraries, and you dlopen() them, only one
copy of the omniORB library will be loaded.