[omniORB] activate_object_with_id problem

Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:54:26 +0000

On Wednesday 19 December, V Jovanovic wrote:

> cad_server_i* myserver = new cad_server_i();
> PortableServer::ObjectId_var oid =
> PortableServer::string_to_ObjectId("cad");
> poa->activate_object_with_id(oid,myserver);
>
> If I activate object with just using
>
> poa->activate_object(myserver);
>
> everything is OK.

I assume the POA (probably the Root POA) has the system id policy,
meaning that you can't give the object your own id.
activate_object_with_id is throwing the CORBA::BAD_PARAM exception to
indicate that the id you give is not valid. Create a POA with the user
id policy, and it will work fine.