[omniORB] SSL support in v3.04 NT

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:13:10 -0800

Duncan Grisby wrote:
> > Dare I ask for autoconf support?
>
> You can certainly ask. Even better, you could implement it :-)
>
> >    From what I hear,
> > autoconf 2.52 is leaning towards supporting Windows.
>
> That would certainly make it more useful for us.
>
> > Autoconf makes life soooooooo much easier.
>
> There are plenty of comments in the mailing list archives from people
> who disagree with you.

I'll have to go read them.

> All things considered, I think autoconf probably will be the way
> forward, but it won't be easy to make the change, and it will make
> some people with strange platforms unhappy.

For what it's worth, I'm working on a 'linux sdk' for an
embedded system (mostly documentation on how to build
apps (including corba apps) and kernels for it), and am
learning how one uses autoconf in a cross-development environment.
I will try to contribute back as much as I can.

- Dan