[omniORB] Corba Timeout

Haarek Ryeng Haarek.Ryeng@datarespons.no
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:48:31 +0100

I'm not 100% up to date on version 3.04 ++ , but back in the olden days of 2.8 the "scavenger thread" did the connection garbage collection and timeout control. Thus the timeout period for a function
call is only as accurate as the scheduling period of this Scavenger thread. This period is configurable in seconds. For further reading see chapter 8 "connection management" in the OmniORB
documentation.

- Haarek -

--
Haarek Ryeng
Senior Software Development Engineer

   Embedded Computers & Realtime Professionals
             www.datarespons.no