[omniORB] Wait for thread to complete (oneway calls)

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:56:59 +0000

On Tuesday 11 December, =?iso-8859-1?B?RnLpZOlyaWMgUHJpbg==?= wrote:

> (But I'm affraid your respons will be to avoid using oneway (because of
> their unreliability! In fact, I wonder why the OMG specify unreliable
> things!!! )

You should avoid oneways, due to their unreliability. :-)  They are
widely regarded as a mistake in the CORBA spec.

I didn't completely understand your problem. Is it that the client
exits while the oneway method on the callback is still in progress or
before it arrives?  Either way, you can't guarantee anything with
oneways. If you have some specific application requirement that the
client doesn't exit so early, you have to implement it yourself.

If you can't think of a way to do what you want, please post some
minimal code that demonstrates what it is you are trying to do, and
what's going wrong.