[omniORB] Segfaults on exceptions. RedHat 7.2

Brenneis, Steve steve.brenneis@attws.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:49:09 -0500

Hello Maged,

What version of gcc are you using? RedHat shipped a custom version of gcc
with 7.1 that had some serious problems, especially in the areas of
exception handling and inheritance. I believe that version will spit out
2.96 (maybe 2.96.something) when you invoke gcc -v. I stepped everything on
my Linux machines back to 2.95.3 and I am using omniORB 3.0.4 with the
2.4.14 kernel without issues. I think RH 7.2 ships with the 2.4.9 kernel,
but I don't think anything happened in between that should give omniORB gas.

Steve Brenneis
WebAXE Middleware Lead Developer
AT&T Wireless Services