[omniORB] Segfaults on exceptions. RedHat 7.2

Stefan Seefeld seefeld@sympatico.ca
Thu, 06 Dec 2001 11:45:34 -0500

Maged Mokhtar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am having problems using OmniORB on RedHat 7.2.
>
> Any exception condition will case a segmentation fault, this occurs even
> with the samples shipped.
> Under normal program flow, if no exceptions are thrown, things work fine.
>
> I have downloaded version 3.04 ( RedHat 6.x ) and am using the libs that
> came with it.
>
> Do i have to re-build the libs on the 7.2 platform ? and if so what params
> for the complier and options
> ( should i use gcc / g++  ?, also i read somewhere about a --enable-threads
> flag for thread safe exceptions..not
> sure if this is related ).

yes, that is what I would guessing. gcc without --enable-threads
generates non-thread-safe exception handling (stack-unwinding) code. Try
compiling your own version of gcc with --enable-threads. For more
instructions on how to do this please consult the gcc documentation.

Regards,

		Stefan