[omniORB] Segfaults on exceptions. RedHat 7.2

Maged Mokhtar maged.mokhtar@skystream.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 08:31:48 -0800

Hi all,

I am having problems using OmniORB on RedHat 7.2.

Any exception condition will case a segmentation fault, this occurs even
with the samples shipped.
Under normal program flow, if no exceptions are thrown, things work fine.

I have downloaded version 3.04 ( RedHat 6.x ) and am using the libs that
came with it.

Do i have to re-build the libs on the 7.2 platform ? and if so what params
for the complier and options
( should i use gcc / g++  ?, also i read somewhere about a --enable-threads
flag for thread safe exceptions..not
sure if this is related ).

Thanks for any help, i am new to both Linux and CORBA so please be verbose
(-v) as much as possible.
cheers...

Maged Mokhtar
Sr. Software Engineer