[omniORB] omni3.0.4 on HPUX - more probs

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@mediaone.net
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:43:27 -0500

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 05:49:32PM +0100, Harri Pasanen wrote:
> > Jessica Han of Hewlett-Packard posted a patch to gcc at:
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=4351&database=gcc
> > (login: guest, pw: guest)
> >
> > Did that patch solve your problem?
>
> I must admit didn't try it, as she was also asking confirmation about the
> validity of the patch.  Nobody came forward to my knowledge, and I was afraid
> that it would alter the semantics of the generated code.

A patch to gcc must be formatted, with a ChangeLog entry, according to:
http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html

and sent to gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org where discussion about the validity
of the patch is supposed to take place.  It doesn't look like Jessica Han
did this.

I don't have access to HP-UX, so if you could try out the patch, I can then
submit it to the gcc-patches mailing list.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr