[omniORB] omni3.0.4 on HPUX - more probs

Tue, 04 Dec 2001 17:31:27 +0000

On Tuesday 4 December, "Brenneis, Steve" wrote:

> There appear to be some fairly serious incompatibilities between Python and
> HP-UX. For example, I cannot even get Python-2.1.1 (the latest version) to
> build on HP-UX 11.00 out of the box without modifying the generated Makefile
> substantially.

I suggest you try Python 2.2b2. If that still has build issues, file a
bug with the Python developers.

>    Once I accomplish that, I can get _omniidlmodule.sl to build
> successfully with some modifications to the backend makefile, but omniidl
> then crashes with
>
> ../../../bin/hppa_hpux_11.00/omniidl -bcxx -Wba -p../../../src/lib/omniORB2
> -ComniORB3 ../../../idl/Naming.idl
> WARNING: Python C API version mismatch for module _omniidl:
>   This Python has API version 1007, module _omniidl has version 1010.

This is a symptom of omniidl using a different version of Python to
the one it was compiled against. Make sure you don't have omnipython
installed, and that "python" on your path is the same thing you
specified in the make files.

> The makefile for the backend seems to have an alternate method for linking
> omniidl on HP-UX. However, it needs a library called libpython<version>
> which does not exist and is not built by the Python make system.

That should have been made by the Python build. I don't know why it
wasn't.