[omniORB] mutex with priority inheritance

Haarek Ryeng Haarek.Ryeng@datarespons.no
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 15:35:25 +0100

This is just a shot into the darkness:
Has anyone managed to produce a crash/deadlock inside omniORB due to high trafic on a servant implementing both client and server interfaces? My Servant uses its own thread for sending messages, and
of course OmniORB spawns the one for incoming calls. Thus the sending function and the incomming function calls should use to different connections!
The sending function and the incomming function both synchronizes on an "application mutex" with priority inheritance enabled.
The interesting thing is when I dissable priority inheritance on the mutex all works fine, but deadlocks/crashes when not.

Any suggestions?

I'm using OmniORB2.8 on this legacy application, and porting it to 3.x is really not an option as things stands today.
My platform is proprietary (RTOS), thus the orb is ported and of course there might be an error in the port....
I've searched the list without any luck, so if anybody has experienced anything similar... meantime I'll have to go through the OmniORB2.8 port!

--
Haarek Ryeng
Senior Software Development Engineer

   Embedded Computers & Realtime Professionals
             www.datarespons.no