[omniORB] omni3.0.4 on HPUX - more probs

Kevin Williams KWilliams@visionael.com
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:25:22 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C17C27.DEEDA6D0

> As I said before, you need to write the make rules
> to build omniidl with GCC on HPUX. If it's possible
> at all, it shouldn't be hard. It might be impossible,
> but I doubt it.

Any particular reason that this is missing from the distribution?  I mean,
hppa_hpux_10.20.mk states "To use gcc uncomment the following lines" - but
it doesn't say "and figure out how to compile omniidl on your own" <grin>.

> Alternatively, given that you have a working omniidl,
> compiled with aCC, you can just use that, and do the
> rest of the build with gcc.  Not pretty, but it should
> work.

I'll try this.  I guess I didn't consider that it was omniidl itself that
was unable to find the shared library during 'make export'.  I'd still
prefer to debug the make rules that are currently not building the shared
library - if for no other reason than to prevent someone else going through
all this pain. <grin>

Thanks a bunch, Duncan!

-- Kevin Williams
   Visionael Corporation
   kwilliams@visionael.com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C17C27.DEEDA6D0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [omniORB] omni3.0.4 on HPUX - more probs </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; As I said before, you need to write the make =
rules </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; to build omniidl with GCC on HPUX. If it's =
possible </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; at all, it shouldn't be hard. It might be =
impossible,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; but I doubt it.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Any particular reason that this is missing from the =
distribution?&nbsp; I mean, hppa_hpux_10.20.mk states &quot;To use gcc =
uncomment the following lines&quot; - but it doesn't say &quot;and =
figure out how to compile omniidl on your own&quot; =
&lt;grin&gt;.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Alternatively, given that you have a working =
omniidl,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; compiled with aCC, you can just use that, and =
do the </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; rest of the build with gcc.&nbsp; Not pretty, =
but it should </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; work.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'll try this.&nbsp; I guess I didn't consider that =
it was omniidl itself that was unable to find the shared library during =
'make export'.&nbsp; I'd still prefer to debug the make rules that are =
currently not building the shared library - if for no other reason than =
to prevent someone else going through all this pain. =
&lt;grin&gt;</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks a bunch, Duncan!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-- Kevin Williams</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Visionael Corporation</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; kwilliams@visionael.com</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>