[omniORB] omni3.0.4 on HPUX - more probs

Kevin Williams zak@supernova.org
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:05:09 -0500

Alright, I finally got the ORB to compile on HPUX by using the native aCC
compiler instead of GCC.  The problem I am having now is linking my final
application (compiled with GCC).  I've written a minimal echo-esque test
project that compiles and links fine with aCC, but which gives me a ton
of undefined symbols when I try to use GCC.  When someone first suggested
that this would work, I was skeptical - but I wrote myself a small library
and compiled with aCC then linked with a program compiled with GCC and
THAT worked okay.  I'm only having problems with the ORB libraries that
were built using aCC...

I am using the native HPUX ld to link and I am linking against the static
omniORB libraries.  My program was built with g++ version 2.95.2 and the
ORB with HPUX 10.20's native aCC.

Is this a lost cause?  Our application must be built using GCC - I can't
get omni3.0.4 to build using GCC on HPUX 10.20.  Is there some other
option for me?

Dunno if I mentioned this before...  We currently have a working copy
of omniORB2.7.1 on this machine that links with our GCC compiled app
without problems.  No one here knows how that ORB was built, but it
does work... ;)  But, we HAVE to move to 3.0.4 - in fact, it's working
great on all of our other platforms!

Hope someone can help!
-Kevin