[omniORB] Question about bindObjectToName() in User Guide examples...

Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:53:41 +0100

On Wednesday 29 August, Mark Johnson wrote:

> In example 2.12.4 on page 33 of the User's Guide it shows the
> bindObjectToName() whereby you bind_new_context() (or resolve()) to an
> inital context ("test.my_context") to the rootContext and then bind() (or
> rebind())actual object's name context in a second step. Do you have to do
> this in two steps?  If given a fully qualified name such as
> "idA.kindA/idB.kindB/idC.kindC" can I just instantiate a CosName::Name, set
> then length to 3, fill it out then bind it (or rebind it)?

You have to create the contexts before you can bind a name there. It's
exactly like a file system directory tree -- you have to create the
directories along a path name before you can create a file there.