[omniORB] Question about bindObjectToName() in User Guide examples...

Mark Johnson mark.johnson@onfiber.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:11:02 -0500

In example 2.12.4 on page 33 of the User's Guide it shows the
bindObjectToName() whereby you bind_new_context() (or resolve()) to an
inital context ("test.my_context") to the rootContext and then bind() (or
rebind())actual object's name context in a second step. Do you have to do
this in two steps?  If given a fully qualified name such as
"idA.kindA/idB.kindB/idC.kindC" can I just instantiate a CosName::Name, set
then length to 3, fill it out then bind it (or rebind it)?