[omniORB] POA resolution failing for cut-down Linux system

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:59:42 +0100

On Thursday 23 August, Bruce Fountain wrote:

> we are developing a CORBA server process to run on a
> cut-down Redhat 6.1 system. The process is compiled
> statically on a standard RH system and then copied
> on to the deployment system. Client-side functionality
> is fine - we can make requests to other systems without
> any problems.

[...]
>  omniORB: The omniDynamic library is not linked.
>  resolving POA!
>  omniORB: Initialising incoming rope factories.
>  omniORB: throw INITIALIZE from objectAdapter.cc:182

Strange. Perhaps it's unable to start a thread for some reason. The
only thing I can suggest is for you to instrument the
omniObjAdapter::initialise() function to indicate at what stage things
went wrong. The exception you see is coming from the catch (...) at
the end of initialise(). Possibly just commenting out the catch-all
will help pin down what exception is occurring.