[omniORB] Re: strictIIOP

Frédéric Bouvier frbouvi@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:44:49 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sai-Lai Lo" <s.lo@uk.research.att.com>
To: "Pannala, Raj" <raj.pannala@htc.com>
Cc: "omniorb list" <omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 11:00 AM
Subject: [omniORB] Re: strictIIOP

> I've overhauled the way configuration parameters are set.
>
> Please get the snapshot from last night (Aug 21) to get the complete set
of
> changes.

Hello,

Now my program says :

omniORB: Warning: the registry entries are in the old pre-omniORB4 format.
omniORB: For the moment this is accepted to maintain backward compatibility.
omniORB: Please update to the new registry format ASAP.
omniORB: Warning: translated (ORBInitRef) to (InitRef)

Why not updating the version number in the registry keys searched in win32
( actually HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\ORL\omniORB\2.0 )
to match the major version number of omniORB (here 4.0 or so) and permit
the use of the stable omniORB (3) while trying dev snapshots.
Anyway, 2.0 is confusing and you'd better discard it if you don't want to
manage it.

Cheers,

-Fred