[omniORB] problem in using omniidl

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski@softax.com.pl
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:27:52 +0200

Duncan Grisby wrote:

> On Thursday 23 August, Marcin Kasperski wrote:
>
> > To omniORBpy authors: seems it would be nice to done one of the things
> > below:
> > - preserve cxx support in omniORBpy omniidl
> > - rename omniORBpy omniidl to omniidlpy
> > - add the hint about using omniORB omniidl to error message generated by
> > omniORBpy omniidl
>
> Eh?  The omniidl used by both C++ omniORB and omniORBpy is _exactly_
> the same program. That's why it has the same name. If you install C++
> omniORB and omniORBpy in the same place, the common parts of the IDL
> compiler are shared.

Many people (including me) installs omniORBpy separately from omniORB -
just as it is distributed.

> Anyway, if the omniidl on your path only has the python back-end
> available to it, the error from omniidl is "No module named cxx", not
> "cannot import name header" as reported by the original poster.

The original error mentioned is
	Could not import back-end `cxx'
and that is exactly the error I got while using omniidl from
omniORBpy...

--
http://www.mk.w.pl /
 Marcin.Kasperski | Dokumentację kodu warto wygenerować: