[omniORB] problem in using omniidl

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski@softax.com.pl
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:04:25 +0200

Duncan Grisby wrote:
>=20
> On Tuesday 21 August, Ram wrote:
>=20
> > bash-2.03$ omniidl -bcxx Config.idl
> > omniidl: Could not import back-end `cxx'
> > omniidl: Maybe you need to use the -p option?
> > omniidl: (The error was `cannot import name header')
> >
> > What has gone wrong to cause this problem?
>=20
> Strange. Have you installed omniidl somewhere by copying the files out
> of the distribution?  If so, perhaps you've missed some bits out.
>=20

I have seen such a behaviour while using omniidl from omniorbpython
distribution (don't remember the version)

To original author: check your PATH and make sure you are using omniidl
from omniORB - not from omniORBpy

To omniORBpy authors: seems it would be nice to done one of the things
below:
- preserve cxx support in omniORBpy omniidl
- rename omniORBpy omniidl to omniidlpy=20
- add the hint about using omniORB omniidl to error message generated by
omniORBpy omniidl

--=20
http://www.mk.w.pl /
 Marcin.Kasperski | Dokumentacj=EA kodu warto wygenerowa=E6:             =
=20
   @softax.com.pl |   http://www.mk.w.pl/narzedzia/narzedzia_gendoc  =20
     @bigfoot.com  \